8.03.2011

What a Whirlwind!

What a birthday weekend full of surprises!!  :D

We started by spending my special day at Disneyland!!!  WOO HOO!!  Steven arranged for LeeLoo to stay with her best friend Kahlua and his Grandma volunteered to take Sam, so we didn't have to worry about our furry ones.  We cashed in our Honeymoon and got our yearly passes!!  365 days of Disney with no black out dates!!  YAY!

We have decided to  focus on one land each visit, to know and appreciate all of the creativeness that went into building it.  I can't wait to get started!!!  Too bad we are about an hour away.  If we were closer, I'd want to go after work, just to get a ride in...lol.  I'm sure Steven is grateful for that!  :D

We finally got home and man, we were beat!  Woke up the next morning and got up sooner than I should have.  This was the reason I was forced later to take a nap...oh darn.

Every Friday (mostly) we go to eat at our favorite restaurant Pho Fifth Avenue.  I was in the mood for Pho, but knew that Suzanne would be in town around dinnertime and that she wasn't a huge fan of Vietnamese Food.  I told Steven that I decided to pull the "it's my birthday card"  and that's where we were going to go.


Suzanne was coming down from Santa Cruz to bring some of my Grandma Patrick's furniture (vanity set and rocking chair) for us to have here.  I wasn't sure if she was going to bring anything else on this trip, but you never know.  When Suz pulled up, I said to park by the elevator so we could unload the furniture.  Since the bed of her truck is covered, I didn't know if she had anything else for me.  As we got out of the truck, she said, "You have to see what I brought you..."

She pulled down the tailgate and my eyes instantly were drawn to the left side to a dark figure.  I focused closer and:

OUT POPPED MY TWIN BROTHER!!!!!!!!!

I SCREAMED and started jumping up and down with excitement!!  I couldn't believe he was here!  I kept begging him to come down to visit, especially since I don't like spending our birthday apart,but he said that he just couldn't make it this time.  I wrapped my arms around him and squeezed him tight as I started sobbing into his chest.  Then Steven came down and was just as surprised as I was!!  He thought the screaming had come from the community's pool...lol.  Nope, it was me...heh heh heh.


So off to dinner we go, me stuck in LaLa Land and enjoying being with part of my NorCal family.  As we are walking up to the restaurant, I saw balloons.  I turn to Steven and said, "someone else is having a birthday...and they are sitting at our table...oh wait...I KNOW THOSE PEOPLE!!"  They had set it up for ME!!!  A surprise birthday dinner for little ol' me!!!  I couldn't believe it!  Surrounded by even more people I love!!  If I would have known, I would have brought my camera (Steven forgot).  Find out we were about 30 minutes late, but they couldn't blame that on me!!!  I then figured out why Steven had asked me if I wanted to do my hair all cute and such.  I wanted to be casual...thank goodness I at least put on makeup!  I was just happy to be able to share it with Mike.  Even thinking about it now brings tears to my eyes.

Saturday we just hung out with Suz and Mike, watch some movies (very interesting) and caught up a little bit.  BBQ at The Woodruff's Saturday night with a Gluten-Free/Dairy-Free cake, just so I could participate in the eating of it.  Sunday breakfast  at Suz's favorite spot and wished them farewell on their journey back home to the Bay Area.

All in all, I had a FANTASTIC birthday!!!  Not a bad way to start my 30s.  Not bad at all.

No comments: